Potentially shadow banned from recommendations.

But one can’t help but wonder if this is a clever way of shadow banning the podcast to appease the members of the news media who have called for him to be banned.

Masterofballs
link
fedilink
13 tháng

I only ever use spotify to listen to Rogan and occasionally another podcast someone from youtube recommends.

It’s just a shitty platform. They make it hard to download the media. The ad experience is trash. I would rather use any of the other video platforms over spotify.

c0mmando
admin
link
fedilink
13 tháng

Spotify is a trash platform, so trash that DNSBLs work great to stop ads from being served

Masterofballs
link
fedilink
13 tháng

Like a network level adblock?

c0mmando
admin
link
fedilink
13 tháng

Yup, I use a virtualized pihole loaded up with blacklists that then forward to my VPN DNS provider via VPN tunnel

Masterofballs
link
fedilink
13 tháng

I’ll have to try that. I generally download all my music to play offline. So its only podcast I can’t find elsewhere I use Spotify for.

c0mmando
admin
link
fedilink
13 tháng

Same, and I use SpotiFlyer to download all my music nearly automated from Spotify playlists!

Masterofballs
link
fedilink
13 tháng

SpotiFlyer

I’ll try it. I host a personal INVIDIOUS instance with nginx level basic auth to build my music playlist from videos. It’s already ad free and I can click download when ever to keep it locally. Other people do occasionally want to share their spotifly playlist with me and I feel like a caveman when talking about it because I don’t even really know how to use it.

Wiggle Hard
link
fedilink
13 tháng

Joe is too big to fail at this point. Spotify is trying to build up their other shit so once it gets big enough they can kick Joe. Too bad the plan will fail

Free speech is critical to find the best solutions to problems and enjoy the full benefits of human creativity.

There can be no freedom without free speech.

• 0 users online
  • 1 user / day
  • 4 users / week
  • 9 users / month
  • 10 users / 6 months
  • 1 subscriber
  • 233 Posts
  • 112 Comments
  • Modlog