Just over a week ago, we announced that Iranian censors had started blocking all Signal traffic in the country. As an interim solution to help people in Iran get connected again, we’ve added support in Signal for a simple TLS proxy that is easy to set up, can be used to bypass the network block, and will securely route traffic to the Signal service.

Wiggle Hard
link
fedilink
13 tháng

So I’m ignorant to this subject, explain it to me as if I were a mentally challenged 5 year old, I’m s stone age man stuck in the post modern world

signal is an app you can download to text people

it basically takes the message you want to text, scrambles it up so someone trying to read it can’t see what it says, sends it over to a device, and the device unscrambles it so the person you’re trying to talk to can read it (end to end encryption I think)

so they’re blocking the scrambled up messages from sending because they must be able to detect that it’s still a signal message being sent

I don’t know how the OP’s suggestion works, but it sounds like they have info on how to connect the signal message to be sent somewhere (a proxy) which other signal users can also connect to, that will allow them to send messages to the proxy to the other person and so on

currently someone tries to send a signal message in iran, it goe to somewhere (???) that can detect it and prevent it from being sent. With this, the message goes to the proxy and then to the other person or from the other person to the first person. I don’t know if there are more people in the middle between each device, I too could be filled in further by someone

Wiggle Hard
link
fedilink
13 tháng

I’m all for open communication so I like it

• 0 users online
  • 2 users / day
  • 2 users / week
  • 3 users / month
  • 5 users / 6 months
  • 35 subscribers
  • 9 Posts